I don’t know about you, but when I sat down and thought about the idea of disruption in the context of our current COVID-19 nationwide shutdown, I just had to laugh. I mean, if this isn’t disruption, what is!?!?!?
But that’s not the kind of disruption I’m talking about here.
On Friday I sat down with my friend, Beth Fisher. She’s currently Vice President of Advancement at Mel Trotter Ministries in Grand Rapids, MI. Beth is a highly sought after speaker, life coach, and marketing and sales leader. She’s also author of the recently released book, Remorseless: Learning to Lose Labels, Expectations, and Assumptions Without Losing Yourself.
Beth is an expert at leading change management initiatives in large organizations, and is currently using that experience to help reshape the processes and infrastructure to help Mel Trotter Ministries become more efficient and effective at delivering on mission.
Beth helped us tackle big questions like:
- Can business principles used in the for-profit sector bring value to the nonprofit?
- What are the biggest challenges to growth and innovation in the nonprofit sector?
- What are the risks, to any organization, of not growing and changing?
- What are the greatest impediments to innovation and change within organizations?
- How do you keep teams and individuals motivated during large change initiatives?
I hope this episode brings value to your work and helps you lead your team and your organization’s change initiatives more effectively!
To listen to more episodes in this podcast series, visit the Rainmaker Fundraising Podcast.
Suggest Upcoming Topics
If you would like more information or want to suggest an episode topic or guest, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newport ONE is proud to be the exclusive sponsor of the Rainmaker Fundraising Podcast.Category: Resources