Remember, Shelby is not an acquisition cold call. He’s been getting to know you for a while now. So it’s vital that you reach out to him on his terms.
- First, identify the Shelbys on your list. Keep track of who is engaging with your organization but has not given a monetary gift yet. Then …
- Draw Shelby’s interest. He wants to get to know your organization before he gives. He’d like to learn about you by visiting. Give him ways to interact with you that do not involve money at first; try a nonmonetary donation marketing campaign around volunteering or property donation.
- Once you’ve got Shelby intrigued, demonstrate that your charity is trustworthy and be very transparent about how contributions will be used. The more specific you can be — and the more clearly he sees the impact he can have — the more reliable Shelby is likely to become.
- Optimized, mobile-friendly landing pages on websites are a must! Today’s donors and prospects all want the ability to give in multiple ways (credit card, PayPal, etc.).
- Ramp up your digital marketing, especially ads and retargeting campaigns for repeat website visitors. Include multiple touchpoints, such as website, social media and email. The more familiar Shelby feels with you, the more likely he is to engage — and to give.
Ready to think differently about how to further your mission and do more good?
- Partner with NEWPORT ONE to learn more about how you can cultivate potentially valuable donors like Shelby and the other prospects profiled in our latest report. Email us to learn how YOUR file specifically benefits from these emerging insights.
- Want to read the full report? Click here to get early release insights from the “How Do You Help Others?” survey with nonprofits to inspire you to look at donors and non-donors in a new way!
- Keep up to date with the latest news and trends by following NEWPORT ONE on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
The “How Do You Help Others?” survey was sponsored by Newport ONE and conducted by the Harmon Research Group in partnership with Chamberlin Dunn, Grey Matter Research & Consulting, and Melissa S. Brown & Associates, LLC, in mid-March 2020.
BOSTON | DC | 800.934.0586 | FRESHIDEAS@NEWPORTONE.COMCategory: Study