The more good Gale can do, the more excited she is to help. Give her opportunities to increase her impact, and make sure your message is grateful and donor-centric.
- Pursue partner marketing opportunities. Joint campaigns for mutually beneficial causes allow donors like Gale to feel even better about how far their gifts will go. When she feels like she’s winning, your organization is more likely to as well.
- Put mouths where the money is. Gale is firm in what she believes, but she also appreciates the opinions and advice of people she trusts and respects. Leverage word-of-mouth marketing by ensuring your website, social channels and marketing campaigns include testimonials from other supporters.
- Shore up your e-campaigns. Email is a crucial piece of any digital strategy, and it’s especially important for Gale. First, clean up and improve your list. Then, segment the list by persona and craft targeted messaging for each audience. Test elements such as subject lines, imagery and offer. Track your results; tweak; repeat.
- Integrate social media into your other marketing efforts. Remember, Gale learns a lot from her friends and wants to share what she knows, too. Tell emotionally gripping stories through eye-catching photos and video, and you’ll not only captivate Gale, you’ll inspire her to spread the word about what you do.
- Keep yourself in the news. Gale is smart, educated and up to date on current events. When she hears about you in the news, she believes your cause is timely and relevant. Send press releases to media outlets and pitch your organization’s leaders as subject matter experts when news breaks related to your mission.
Ready to think differently about how to further your mission and do more good?
- Partner with NEWPORT ONE to learn more about how you can cultivate potentially valuable donors like Shelby and the other prospects profiled in our latest report. Email us to learn how YOUR file specifically benefits from these emerging insights.
- Want to read the full report? Click here to get early release insights from the “How Do You Help Others?” survey with nonprofits to inspire you to look at donors and non-donors in a new way!
- Keep up to date with the latest news and trends by following NEWPORT ONE on Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
The “How Do You Help Others?” survey was sponsored by Newport ONE and conducted by the Harmon Research Group in partnership with Chamberlin Dunn, Grey Matter Research & Consulting, and Melissa S. Brown & Associates, LLC, in mid-March 2020.
BOSTON | DC | 800.934.0586 | FRESHIDEAS@NEWPORTONE.COM