You’re in for a real treat today!
This episode is packed with leadership value for you.
My conversation with Doug is the first in a series of in-depth leadership conversations we’ll be having.
Top 10 Leadership Insights from my conversation with Doug Smith
1. Leadership is influence.
2. Everyone is a leader and everyone has to grow to maximize leadership impact.
3. Leadership is about people. If the people aren’t better as a result of your presence, you’re not leading well.
4. Leading is challenging. As John Maxwell says, “If you’re a leader, there will never be two easy consecutive days in your live.”
5. If you wouldn’t follow yourself, why would you expect others to follow you?
6. The power of “just relaxing” in your leadership.
7. Telling people what you think they want to hear isn’t leadership. You have to care enough to be candid, even when the feedback might hurt a little.
8. In leadership, character trumps skill all day long.
9. The most influential leaders love people, but they don’t depend on being loved by people.
10. If you’re going to grow as a leader, you’re going to have to take risks. You’ll fail sometimes, but that’s ok. That’s part of the process.
There’s so much more in this episode than what I’ve outlined here. I guarantee you’ll get a ton of value out of this conversation today!
FREE RESOURCE: In our conversation, Doug mentions that his team at Light of Life uses a resource called The Information Wheel from The Wellock Group. You can get more information about this tool by contacting Rick Wellock (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Amy Staggs (email@example.com) .
To listen to more episodes in this podcast series, visit the Rainmaker Fundraising Podcast.
Suggest Upcoming Topics
If you would like more information or want to suggest an episode topic or guest, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newport ONE is proud to be the exclusive sponsor of the Rainmaker Fundraising Podcast.Category: Resources