Dionne M. Rosser-Mims, Ph.D., is Dean of the College of Education at Troy University. She’s an educator, author, and successful leader. She’s also my longtime friend, and someone I’m incredibly proud of and inspired by.
We recently sat down to discuss leadership, and to get Dr. Rosser-Mims’ perspective on what it takes to be a great leader.
Here are :
- Leaders don’t sit on the sidelines and complain — they jump in and focus on finding solutions to the problems of the day.
- The best leaders focus on collaborative engagement, not on being the smartest person in the room.
- Integrity is critical for leadership success.
- Great leaders are consistent communicators, making sure that everyone understands where the organization is headed, how they individually fit into the plan, and what is expected of them.
- Being an authentic leader means modeling what you expect of others. If you aren’t willing to do something yourself, you can’t expect others to step up and do it either.
It’s a great conversation, and I hope you enjoy it!
To listen to more episodes in this podcast series, visit the Rainmaker Fundraising Podcast.
Suggest Upcoming Topics
If you would like more information or want to suggest an episode topic or guest, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newport ONE is proud to be the exclusive sponsor of the Rainmaker Fundraising Podcast.Category: Podcasts